Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The goodness of loving, The gladness of living; These are Christmas too!

Well I made it!  I made it through Thanksgiving and did not overeat!  Don't get me wrong, I didn't under-eat either.  I had a few things that I haven't had in a while, but I avoided trigger foods.  For the first time in my life, I didn't want to throw up after eating a Thanksgiving dinner!  AND...  I still have not had any dessert foods! There was more evil cake, pumpkin rolls, and many more goodies in front of my face, but NOT in my mouth! 

Ok, now that I got that update out there :)  I have had something on my mind lately as I am learning how to live in the peaceful place.  Why do we feel like we have to earn some down time to enjoy life? Why is there always guilt about just resting and really enjoying our lives?  Why do we have to wait for a holiday weekend like Thanksgiving, to totally relax... to appreciate friends and family... to celebrate all that we have to be thankful for?!? 

I spent black Friday keeping my annual tradition of shopping, having lunch, and just being silly and having a great time with my aunt, cousin and sister.  As kids we always listened to a Sesame Street Christmas tape.  Well this year my cousin put it onto a CD and we listened to it as we drove around.  We Listened to it together for the first time since we were little, but we still knew every word!

The last song on the CD is "Keep Christmas with You."
As we sat in my car after a long day of shopping and enjoying
our day together, we sang the following lyrics
while we cried and laughed! 

"Christmas means the spirit of giving
Peace and joy to you,
The goodness of loving,
The gladness of living;
These are Christmas too.

So, keep Christmas with you
All through the year,
When Christmas is over,
Save some Christmas cheer.
These precious moments,
Hold them very dear
And keep Christmas with you
All through the year."

So as Thanksgiving ends and we continue on with my favorite time of year, I am going to try to live true to these lyrics.  I am going to try to savor every moment with my kids. They both have December birthdays and will be turning 4 and 8 this month.  What magical ages for Christmas?!?  And after these next few weeks fly by, I am going to try to keep this spirit with me as I continue on this journey to a healthier me!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I love love love it! You do deserve time you dont' need to earn it - you already have - just by being you!!

    I am so glad you had a good shopping day and I CAN NOT BELIEVE how old the kiddos are getting - RIDICULOUS!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, my little girl Savanna turned 10 in November and Caleb will be 5 on the 27th of december. Baby number three is due mid january, and really there is nothing better in all the world than Christmas with your children. I know I will look back on these years as the best in my life!! I'm with you! lets enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete