Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Prayers of Thanksgiving

Whoever you see God to be, a spiritual connectedness to the universe is one of the most essential parts of each human being.  We all seek this reassurance in life; that we are part of something bigger than ourselves.  At least one time in our lives, we have all felt so small in the scheme of this great universe.  We are all, in some way, on a constant journey to figure out why God brought us here and what he wants us to do with our lives.  The only way to know Gods plan and purpose is to stay spiritually connected.

Personally, I have always been a spiritual person.  However, as the years go by and life gets crazier, my relationship with God has not always been my priority.  I pray in times of need.  I pray in times of despair. I pray in  times of great joy, like with the birth of each of my children!  But I have not been very good at praying during the regular happy times, or even the "normal" every day times in my life.



The best way to stay spiritually connected is to pray and or meditate. To be aware of our soul. To stay connected to our Higher Power and source of all life.  During these last 59 days, I have been learning to do this again.  As a young child I can remember never feeling alone.  Like God was always there, holding me, guiding me, and showing me the way.  I long to feel that constant child-like connectedness again.


I am going to try to achieve that by being thankful everyday!  I am going to be thankful even in times of need.  Even when I don't want to be thankful.  I have so much to be thankful for in my life as it is now, but I am constantly seeking something else to fill that spiritual void.  I am always worried about what else I want, instead of being grateful for all that I have!


So on this day before Thanksgiving, I give thanks to God for all of the good in my life.  For the courage to take this journey.  For two great big extended families full of love.  For health; my own and for all of my loved ones. For a few really true friends in this world that I KNOW will be there no matter what.

For my home, this roof over our heads, warm beds and good healthy food on our table.  For my two BEAUTIFUL kids and every moment that I have had with them (even the really stressful ones)!  For my AMAZING husband, he is my world and my rock.





                                      
For faith.  For hope.  For love.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words - brought tears to my eyes. You are so well blessed and we are so well blessed to have you in our lives.

    I am so proud of you. As always.

    I think so often of our conversation on the radiator at the end of the hallway. Discussing the "God Shaped Hole."

    You understood me then, you understand me now.

    I love you so very much. I am thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too will never forget that conversation. Its funny, of all of the college memories I have, that one is one of the most vivid. I can close my eyes and remember the end of that cold hallway, and knowing then that I had made a friend for life! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete