Sunday, December 5, 2010

Welcome Friends

So last night I decided that it was time to put myself out there.  I knew when I started this thing, I was putting it out there on the world wide web for anyone who stumbled across my blog.  But those would be strangers, strangers that I would never have to see face to face.  They could read all my deepest feelings and it wouldn't change any of my real life relationships.  In the very beginning I invited a few very close friends to read my journey. I have also read most of my blogs outloud to my husband for his feedback and to keep the communication open about where I am with this thing.

But now I have invited a few more people into this blogging world of mine.  I did this not only because I want to read more comments and feedback on this thing that I put hours of myself into, but because I can feel myself starting to get lazy about this!  I knew that I wanted to let more people in so that I have even more people out there to hold me accountable! 

This thought first scared the shit out of me because of the "failure" factor.  What if I fail again and all of these people who know me watch me fall on my face again!  Especially the people that have supported me in the past and have watched me continue to gain weight.  But then this morning in church, Father Joe's homily spoke right to me again today. (Crazy how when I am open to it, it seems like I get so much more out of church...  go figure!)

Anyways, his message today was "Failure won't kill you, but failure to change could!"   So I continue to seek the courage and strength that it takes to make these changes on a daily basis.  I welcome all of those who are visiting my blog for the first time!  This blog has been a huge reason that I am stronger this time around.  I can't explain how amazing it is to get all of my thoughts out there and then being able to go back through and read the lessons I have learned and to see how far I have come! 

Please keep reading.  "Follow" me or leave me comments.  It gives me even more reason to continue on this part of my journey!  ~ Love you all

2 comments:

  1. Love you right back!!! Your new digs are AWESOME!! LOVE IT!! I will follow you anywhere!! Miss you terribly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I look forward to reading your blog and enjoying the fruits of your journey. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete