Monday, January 10, 2011

Plateau

I have been at the same weight for weeks!  Up and down a pound or two and that is it!  I was ok with that because it was the holiday's and I didn't GAIN weight.  More importantly I didn't relapse with my disease! Which I know is the most important thing!!

I have gotten a little lazy as far as putting in the work.  I have not been overeating, but I also have not been doing as much as I could be doing for my recovery.  I know I can do more.  I have not been going to meetings as often.  I have not been doing my daily reading and work like I was for the first 70 days or so.  When I stop focusing on that part, this whole thing becomes more of a "diet" again!  I do not want this to feel like a diet!  That is when I am tempted to give up!  This is a life change!

So as I have learned thus far, this thing is one day at a time.  Just because I have not lost much recently and just because I have lost some of my spiritual and mental concentration, does not mean that I can quit!  I can start again right now!  I have started over right now.  I read my "For Today" reading.  I have prayed.  I am blogging.  Today I will read some of my other recovery readings and attend and on-line meeting. 

I need to make exercise part of my DAILY routine.  I really struggle with how and when to fit it in to my life.  I need to just do it when I can.  I want to have a set time, but I am never good at that!  As a stay at home mom no day is ever the same!  So when the kids are good and content... that needs to be when I exercise.  I have tried the early morning thing so many times...  I just can't make it work!  Although I would like to.  Maybe I can just try it one day a week or something for now!

Oh well, I'll figure it out.

Today's goals:  Exercise, Meeting, Read and figure out how to break through this plateau!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am Very proud of yah girl. Youre doing great even if scale doesnt budge. Youre on the right track. Continue the positive self talk and keep remembering one moment / day at a time. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Megan...this is the tough part. Remember even if the scale doesn't move, think of the better choices you are making for your body and your health! Katie and Sarah have a bunch of "dance" games for the Wii. They are a lot of fun, get you moving, and you can do them WITH the kids. (Although I am not cool enough to play with the girls!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kathleen's "One moment at a time"

    The scale that you need to focus on is this...one a scale of 1 to 100, how much better are you than you were 70 days ago???? You are 70 days healthier and stronger.

    We are all so proud of you and just AMAZED by your progress and strength.

    We love you and support you 10000000000%

    Stay strong sister:) LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete