Monday, October 11, 2010

Good Morning Lord

I mentioned that yesterday’s church service was about being grateful and about counting your blessings.  But it was also about being grateful even when we don’t feel like it.  Like first thing in the morning for example. Especially when we wake up on a day that we know will be crazy busy and probably stressful. The priest told us about a comic strip that he once saw, and it stuck with him.  There were two pictures:  One was a dad getting out of bed, and the other was a little boy.  Above the little boys head as he jumped out of  his bed (in the classic comic strip bubble) was “GOOD MORNING LORD!” In the bubble above groggy sleepy dad said, “Good Lord, morning!” 

Last week, I wrote about how hard mornings are for me, so this really hit home. I've learned that we need to wake up and be grateful for another day.  It's how we get out of bed, and choose to take on the world, that determines how we want our day to go!  Do we do it alone and miserable?  OR… do we choose to wake up, and pray and get things right before the stress even begins?  

This past weekend, even though we were able to sleep in a little, I woke up refreshed.  I don’t know if it is just the healthy eating choices, or if it is the exercise, or if it is my renewed attitude.  It’s probably a combination of all of them.  But whatever it is, I LIKE IT!  So this morning is a Monday morning, the start of a new week.  I woke up early this morning and was able to get out of bed and stay awake.  I finally got that quiet morning alone that I have needed! I chose to get out of bed and instead of my usual ‘good Lord, morning’ attitude, I greeted this morning with Good Morning Lord. 

Right now things continue to improve and I feel great.  I am getting nervous that everything is going to crash soon because it has in the past.  The best I can do is try to stay positive and stick to my eating and exercise plan.  Oh and today was my weigh in day....  296!  5 more pounds lost this week!  I'm down 14 lbs from 2 weeks ago:)  I pray that I never ever see that 300 number again in my life!   Peace out 300lbs !!!!  280's here I come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment