Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grateful

I cannot begin to tell you tonight about how grateful I am for this change in my life!  I know it is early, and I know that I have felt this way two weeks in on my past attempts at healthy living and weight loss, But this is a different feeling so far.  I have NOT been thinking about food!!!  Eating has become something that I do to fuel my body.  I used to just eat.  ALL THE TIME!  I used to think about food constantly.  I would also eat without thinking.  Just eat out of boredom, or routine, or loneliness, or for no apparent reason at all.

I went to church today with my son. The whole sermon was about counting your blessings and being grateful for all of the little things in life that we take for granted all the time!  This weekend was a very peaceful weekend.  I can’t believe I am saying that because I very rarely have peaceful weekends when we are all at home together.  I’m always stressed about what needs done and what we are going to eat. I worry about who is misbehaving and get resentful and angry that we can’t just have time together without so much chaos.  But that chaos is life, my life!  My life as a mom with two kids, two cats, and a dog… oh and a husband ; )

If this were normal weekend for me, (a weekend that included getting a lot accomplished and  making time to exercise and the truck braking down, and having to cancel plans that I was looking forward to), I would be so angry tonight!  I would be pouting and frustrated and probably totally full of garbage foods that I would feel physically ill.  Instead tonight, I am at peace.  Very relaxed and comfortable.  Happy and filled with hope!   I am simply... grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment