Saturday, October 2, 2010

Plans and Goals For My Journey

In my first post I said I would list my plan for this year and my goals….  I gave you a general idea of my goal to continue this journey and make it my job!  No excuses!  But as far as my plan, I am currently struggling with how to define my abstinence from overeating.  I am going to abstain from overeating.  Abstain from eating as a result of emotions. Abstain from eating things that I know are incredibly unhealthy for me. Abstain from eating as a form of entertainment.  Abstain from eating large portions. I am not going to drink any soda (even diet coke which is an addiction in itself).  I will not be drinking any alcohol in excess so that I do not impair my judgment and have a relapse with my diet.

My current food plan as I begin this journey will probably change throughout the year as I figure out which foods are “trigger” foods for me, and what foods I can eat that help me stick with this.  I am going to eat healthy sensible meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am going to try to eat only one small healthy snack between meals, and not eat anything after dinner.  At this point I am avoiding sugar, but not obsessing about it…  but definitely no sweets or cakes or desserts of any kind.  Why do I always seem to start this no sugar thing in the fall …  Halloween breaks me every time, I don’t even make it to Thanksgiving pies and Christmas cookies!!!  But this year will be different.  So that is my plan for now…  one day at a time.  I will update with changes. I am also going to exercise everyday.  This week I am focusing on 30 min/day. I will update those changes too as I hope to increase that soon!

Ok, so some goals….

By the end of this year I hope to:

 #1)  Lose weight…  duh!!!   But I don’t want to set a number b/c if I honestly stick to my eating and exercise plan, my body will do what it is meant to do and help me get to a reasonable weight that is right for me.  I am not expecting to lose all of my weight over this year, but I hope to lose a lot

#2)  Be able to run and play with my kids easily

#3)  Learn a lot about why I eat and how it relates to my moods

#4)  Work on my stress level and bring it down so that I can live peacefully

#5)  Have more patience for my family

#6)  Do the adventurous competitive things that my husband loves to do

#7)  Not be the fat mom, I don’t want my kids to ever be embarrassed of me for my weight.

#8)  Participate in life and not let my weight and my self-esteem issues hold me back

#9) Ride roller coasters and travel without the fear of whether I’ll fit places

#10)  Be free from this cycle of eating and the chaotic emotional lifestyle that results from it

Those are the ones I came up with tonight!  Those will probably change too


So, day three was Abstinent, healthy, and fun.  I was quick tempered with my kids a few times and I feel bad about it.  I am irritable during this first week of letting go of my eating behaviors.  I hate that my family has to live with this part of this….  BUT I know that it will be better for all of us in the end!  It just causes so much GUILT… I sense a blog about guilt in my near future. 

Tomorrow we are having a Steeler party at our house.  I am going to be good and not eat  sweets and only drink water!   I can do it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment