Sunday, October 24, 2010

Twenty Eight



Today is my 28th day!  It just so happens that 28 is my favorite number.  I was excited to live this 28th day of the journey.  It means I’m coming up on the 30 day mark, which is a celebrated day in the world of recovery!  Its also a Sunday that we are all home together with no real plans. Another gorgeous fall Sunday! A Steeler Sunday and they won the game.  All of these things make for a wonderful day.

I do find myself a bit overwhelmed tonight and I am trying to figure out exactly why!  I got up in time to get to church with my son, fixed a healthy breakfast, went to the park with the hubby, 2 kids and big black lab, I got in some good exercise, watched a whole football game (something that I don’t get to do often with 2 kids), cut the grass, cooked dinner, did 2 on-line support meetings, and now this blog.  So why do I feel like I got nothing done!  I’m at peace with my day, it was a good day.  I think I just know I have a really busy week coming.  A week with even more temptations as all the Halloween festivities begin.

This week includes stuff going on all day and all night until next Saturday.  So... I am realizing now that I got this overwhelmed feeling when I started to think about quick but healthy meals we can eat this week… I automatically go back to my old unhealthy standards in my head.  Then I get sad that we can’t just order pizza all week!  Why would that make me SAD?  Well unless you are a food addict, it is hard to understand.

So before I started this blog, I couldn’t have told you what got me so overwhelmed tonight and now I know.  I also know that I need live this week ONE DAY AT A TIME! One moment at a time if I need to.  I need to enjoy this exciting time with my kids.  I need to get all the support I need this week so that I don’t lose my way in all this chaos and temptation.  If I focus on the moments, live my life and have a good time with all of our plans (instead of my normal get through the motions mentality) it will be a good week!  IT WILL BE A GOOD WEEK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment