Friday, December 17, 2010

Crazy Bitch

So many times on this blog I have raved about my amazing, sweet, kind, and patient husband.  The one I feel is too good for me, that I do not deserve. Well, today's blog is different.  Let me start with this...   while he does have all of those amazing qualities, he is still a MAN!

If I want something done, I have to ask... several times.  He doesn't buy anniversary or valentines gifts, he says he shows me everyday that he loves me, "special days are stupid."  I step on dirty socks and underwear in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom.  If the steelers, penguins, or mountaineers are on TV, I could stand naked in front of him and he wouldn't notice.  If he gets a new x-box game, we don't go to bed at the same time until he beats it!

He is also a man that is a mama's boy.  Which is not always a bad thing.  Its also why he is so sweet, caring, and kind.  BUT, he has had all of his needs met, and then some, since the day he was born.  We started dating when he was 19, so he went from being taken care of by his mom to being taken care of by me...  never did he have to worry about meals, or laundry, or planning and preparing for much of anything. Again, this is just as much my "fault" as his, I love taking care of him.  Also, I am control freak, so it is just "easier" if I do most things! 

Today we had my daughter's fourth birthday tea party.  I had to get a lot of things ready and it is my fault that I am a perfectionist about these things... BUT, when I need my husband to help on these days, I lose my patience!

He moves in slow motion! He over-thinks everything on a daily basis, so simple tasks appear to stump him sometimes.  He is an incredibly smart chemical engineer, so when I ask him to do something simple and I get a blank stare, I get SO frustrated!  Earlier I asked him to get me a roll of toilet paper...  I get the blank stare for a few seconds followed by, "where is it?" ....   REALLY???  Its in the same spot in the closet that it has been for almost 3 years that we have lived in this house! 

I tell him things and they go in one ear and out the other.  It makes me feel crazy when he asks me something that I JUST told him the answer to.  Another example from today; I say, "I swear there was more lunch meat than this, I guess I don't have enough for the adults." To which he responds, "OK."  Ten minutes later he says "Hey, I'm going to make more sandwiches for us."  AAAAGGGHHH! 

I was already hormonal and bitchy and mean.  He couldn't win.  It didn't matter what he did today, it drove me crazy. I yelled and I said things that I shouldn't say to him.  I feel bad. But it happens all the time.  I swear when I am PMS-ing, so is he.  If I feel fine, he doesn't irritate me and do stupid things.  But, as soon as I am stressed, he flakes and makes me worse.  I know that this is irrational and that it is largely my stupid hormones!  But I also know that we are normal!  They make sitcoms out of these husband/wife relationships!  Today we were a sitcom.  But I hope we can get back to "normal" before the holidays roll around.

 
By the end of the day, the party was a success.  The girls had fun and all my planning paid off.  I FINALLY got my hubby to finish decorating the outside christmas stuff (even if it was because he couldn't stand to be in here with me any longer)!!


I am still beyond grateful that I have this guy to be with forever.  Today is exactly one year since he went into the hospital and was super sick.  I am SOOOO  glad he is here to yell at today and to piss me off.

I'm sorry I am a crazy bitch jay, but I love you and appreciate you more than you will ever know!!

3 comments:

  1. So he sounds like mine too! I guess that means mine is "normal" as well!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you....you crazy bitch:) just kidding!!

    You speak the truth woman - Jay def. moves in SLLLLOOOOW MOTION:) but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre not the only crazy bitch , if that makes you feel any better. I love yah anyways!

    ReplyDelete